Free Website Promotion to 500+ Search Engines. Submit Now!

Friday, August 1, 2008

Medical benefits of Creativity


Welcome to ZaniL Design Jewellery Blog

This Month I would like to write about Creativity and it benefits on our health and well being.

We are bombarded with lots of health information about the kinds of food we should eat or drugs we should avoid or the amount of exercise we do, but there is not a lot of health information about exercising our minds creatively.


The etymological root of the word in English comes from the Latin word creatus which means 'to have grown'.

The definition for creativity from Wikipedia is Creativity (or "creativeness") is a mental process involving the generation of new ideas or concepts, or new associations of the creative mind between existing ideas or concepts. There is lots of information on Wikipedia about the creative mind, too much to articulate here in my blog, so I have only mentioned a few points here.


Creativity can be in many forms, in writing, in music, in thinking of new ways to solve problems, in everyday life and as a parent when trying to get your child to look on the bright side of things or when inventing new ideas or products.

Creativity to me is about making something out of nothing or getting inspiration from everyday objects or in nature that can be applied to another field. Many inventions have been created from ideas and thoughts that happen to present them selves in forms that were unrelated, for example, take the design of the Sydney Opera house ( Jorn Utzon 1957- 1963), the inspiration for the design came from looking at a the the rind of a peeled orange all curled up ( to find out morehttp://travel.ciao.co.uk/Sydney_Opera_House__Review_5523631).

I often look for inspiration in every objects, that can be later turned into a great new design.

Creativity keeps our minds active and alert and when we think we are creating dendrite connections in the neural pathways of the brain. Our Brains need to keep creating these connections to keep us from becoming senile. When our creative juices start flowing there is no stopping them and you feel good that you have solved or achieved a milestone. Also new ideas can often lead to new possiblities that were there or thought of before the new creation or idea came about. Creativity makes us feel positive and this is good for the mind and soul.

Being able to be in a creative state of mind allows you to relax and thus the stresses of the day are forgotten. Sometimes this allows you to look at your problems differently and you are able to deal with it better when you go back to it. Needless to say that it must have a positive effect on the way you see things and in your life in general.

For more information on creativity look it up on Wikipedia or the internet, there is loads of information there and too much to add to my blog.



Beading and creativity
When I first began beading my initial thought were that I would make loads of the same item, but I soon found that I did not enjoy doing this and I needed to CREATE something new each time I beaded. I don't think I have made the same item twice.

I love to hoard beads ( and I don't think I am the only beader that does), and I do think that hoarding beads has some merits. I often find that when I buy new beads, I can combine the new beads with hoarded beads and come up with an entirely new design and truly one of a kind as the beads that I have been hoarding ( some for years) are no longer available.

Needless to say that I feel truly gifted to be able to make something beautiful and unique out of a pile of beads. I often have dreams about new ideas that later become real life creations.
I am so fortunate and very blessed that I have friends and family that encourage me so much and keep me going by appreciating my work.
Speaking from experience the benefits of creativity is happiness and a sense of contentness. You can create your own future and destiny if you can believe in your ideas and make them happen.
I hope I have encourage you to try a little creativity and see what happens.
Hope you enjoyed this article.
Please feel free to leave me a comment and feel free to browse my other posts.










Let me know what you think, it great to get feedback.




















Best regards










Lina

















































































































































































































No comments: